Solving Problems With People
Our client is a bio-data company delivering small RNA analysis to precision medicine. The patented technology combines machine learning, NGS data and biology to uncover sRNA-signatures used to accelerate the development of new precision medicines.
Through a growing portfolio of partnerships and research collaborations, the power of the companies platform and the use of small RNA analytics in biomarker discovery has been validated. In 2020, the unique business model placed the company at the centre of drug development collaborations across various therapeutic areas, including respiratory, cardiovascular, neurological and immunological diseases.
The company roadmap provides a clear path to productizing diagnostic sRNA signatures applicable across all disease. The company is looking for brave and nimble scientists to help them expand into new areas and create the next precision therapies.
The Senior Data Scientist will work on the machine learning and analysis platforms to scope, plan, execute, report and deliver client programs in a wide variety of disease areas. The Senior Data Scientist will combine their knowledge of NGS data and predictive modeling to efficiently execute a comprehensive suite of analyses for each client program assigned to them, using a combination of the platform and bespoke analysis when required.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge small RNA research unlocking novel biomarkers; the successful candidate will bring a passion and drive commensurate with this opportunity.
- Complete all data analysis on assigned client programs, including experiment definition, execution of the ML platform, report preparation and live presentation to customer stakeholder
- Improve and customize the ML platform to support the unique requirements and opportunities of each program
- M.S. or PhD in Biology, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- Strong understanding of predictive modeling techniques, including regularized regression and support vector machines
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively as part of a fast-paced research team