Building the future of energy markets.
Vortexa was founded to solve the immense information gap that exists in the energy industry. By using massive amounts of new satellite data and pioneering work in artificial intelligence, Vortexa creates an unprecedented view on the global flows of oil and fuels in real-time, bringing transparency and efficiency to the energy markets and society as a whole.
Processing thousands of rich data points per second, massing terabytes of data, processing it in real-time, and delivering it through high performance queries and low-latency APIs, along with beautiful intuitive interfaces to customers around the globe, is no small feat of science and engineering. The high availability requirements of this robust system at scale is scrutinised by industry experts, data analysts and traders daily. The Application Development Team is responsible for delivering that data via applications, APIs, engineering pipelines, custom outbound services, external data integrations, while ensuring the strictest platform security and reliability is maintained.
We are looking for a talented engineer to join our fast paced and fast growing team to help take our SaaS platform to the next level. You will be responsible for the implementation of features, tools and applications which you will be able to own end-to-end, having a direct impact on client facing services built on the latest tech stack using modern working practices. This role will require exceptional programming skills and no matter where your strengths currently lie, we will invest in your professional development to ensure you have the broad skills and knowledge you need to further your skillset. This is an opportunity to join an exceptional close-knit team that regularly pushes the boundaries of technology to deliver a superior, frictionless experience to our customers – we are looking for a restless desire to build a stunning product.
- Able to deliver high quality applications using React with state management
- Experienced in integrating APIs and databases
- Able to write tests to improve the quality of your code
- Passionate about writing clear, maintainable code underpinned by best practices
- Excited to deliver innovative solutions and work in a startup environment with a positive can-do attitude
- Motivated to take on a challenge and delivery the solution to the highest standard
- Keen to stay up to date with the latest technologies and, where possible, incorporate them in your work
Awesome If You:
- Have experience of TypeScript or a typed language
- Have previously built data visualisations, APIs or ETL pipelines
- Have experience with ElasticSearch, Docker, AWS, Redis, Postgres
- Have used Agile or KanBan before
- A vibrant, diverse company pushing ourselves and the technology to deliver beyond the cutting edge
- A team of motivated characters and top minds striving to be the best at what we do at all times
- Constantly learning and exploring new tools and technologies
- Acting as company owners, which all of us are – in a business-savvy and responsible way
- Motivated by being collaborative, working and achieving together
- When not working from home, headquartered in Aldgate, a really cool part of London in the City near Shoreditch. We’re on the 8th floor in a big open space, with weekly drinks – even if over a Zoom – and usual startup perks. We also have offices in the US and Singapore.
- Not only teammates but friends, often finishing the week enjoying a glass of a favourite drink – currently over Zoom – and a game of Mafia together
- Offering a generous salary and equity