Vortexa is an energy analytics firm using AI and deep industry expertise to provide the most complete view of waterborne oil & gas flows.
The physical energy industry is the world’s largest unstructured marketplace. Data is fragmented and incomplete, leaving businesses with blind spots and a lack of trusted information. Vortexa was born out of a desire to solve this global problem. Our state-of-the-art analytics platform provides critical data points to help spot opportunities and sidestep risks in real time. Our data and insights have been featured in the Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Bloomberg, Reuters, Argus and other media. We have offices in London, Singapore and Houston.
Vortexa is seeking a Market Data & Modelling Analyst to join our rapidly growing Americas team based in Houston. In this role, you will operate at the intersection of our Market Analysis and Predictive Modelling teams, further developing our forecasting capabilities and leading indicators for our oil trader clients. You will report to the Managing Director of our Americas business.
You must be a highly-motivated self starter that embraces challenge, with a resourceful and positive approach to problem solving in a fast-paced start up environment.
- Develop deep expertise in Vortexa’s cargo tracking data sets and methodologies
- Accelerate development of our “point-in-time” view of our data, and utilize it to highlight the reliability of our flows forecasts
- Assist with the creation of trading use cases (crude, clean and dirty refined products) based on the predictive power of our flows forecasts
- Develop new capabilities within the Vortexa analytics platform, such as arbitrage models, to identify when certain commodity trade flows are opening and closing
- Work with our lead Market Analyst to improve our coverage of Americas-region data sets, such as
- LNG and NGLs, as well as certain crude and refined products grades
You will be
- Motivated to discover new innovations from our data and technology
- Passionate about the needs of our energy trading customers
- Knowledgeable of and experienced with oil & gas market dynamics, particularly seaborne flows
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, open and collaborative environment
- Skilled in coding with Python and using APIs to send/access complex data set
- A competitive remuneration package, including base salary and commission
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and a 401K retirement plan
- Stock options in a fast-growing, high-potential business
- The opportunity to work with industry experts on the leading edge of artificial intelligence in commodity trading
- A working environment built on merit, which celebrates creative thinking and collaborative achievements
At Vortexa, our mission is to open, connect and optimize the energy world through pioneering technology and unmatched market information. We work at the frontier of technology applied to the energy markets and together we are creating the future of our industry.
Working at Vortexa is fast paced yet extremely rewarding – we set big goals, encourage brave ideas and strive to innovate in everything we do. After all, the decisions we make today are set to impact one of the world’s biggest industries tomorrow. You can expect a stimulating environment with a collaborative spirit; all while maintaining creative independence and hands-on approach that only a start-up can offer.
All of our employees are shareholders, meaning that the entire team is equally committed to Vortexa’s vision. To support you on your journey, we offer private healthcare, monthly workshops led by our team of experts and socials every Friday to thank you for all the hard work put in during the week.
We are passionate about equality, diversity and inclusivity. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and guarantee all of our team members the same opportunities and rewards regardless of their gender, race, age, belief system and sexual orientation.
Apply for this job