Innovating at the Boundaries of Technology
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
- Designing, implementing , debugging firmware for the next generation of Enterprise SSDs,HW Interface drivers, algorithm design and implementation
- Customer Vendor Unique commands , unit level bench testing
- Contribute to the SSD firmware and play a significant role in delivering next generation Enterprise SSDs to market
- Work with the firmware Architects, ASIC and flash media teams on a daily basis
- Design and implement firmware algorithms needed to achieve best in class performance goals
- Typically programs in high level languages (C)Reporting the status of the project execution on a regular basis to senior management
- Develop characterization and evaluation programs for new products
- Support failure analysis on test systems
- Requires BE/BTech degree or equivalent or higher with 12 or more years of related experience.
- Embedded C/C++ and assembly language experience requiredMust have strong problem solving skills.
- Experience using logic and protocol analyzers is preferred
- Having experience with FTL and NAND flash or protocols like PCIe-NVMe/SATA/SAS is highly desirable.
- The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.
- A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience of Architecture/design/Bring up on new generation SOC/ASIC will be definite plus.
- Deep understanding of Storage Stack/Data path is desirable.
- Experience of having delivered ‘ End to End Storage Stack’ on Leading Edge/NEW hardware will be preferable.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
- The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
- We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
- The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
- But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.