Trusted Mobility Data and Solutions for Emerging Markets
We are the leading provider of mobility data and solutions for emerging-market cities in Africa, South and Southeast Asia, Southeast Europe, and Latin America – places where decentralised public transport is the norm. We use a variety of Android applications to help us reach our goals, including our public transport Android application with a rapidly growing user base.
WhereIsMyTransport is hiring a QA Specialist to ensure our Android applications are released to a high standard. You will work with a team of engineers to test and validate our public transport Android application. You’ll be collaboratively solving challenges faced in generating mobility data and empowering commuters. We are a remote-first business with teams around the world, so you will work fully remotely from anywhere within South Africa.
Overview of activities & responsibilities
- Create tests cases from product requirements
- Manually execute test cases for our mobile applications
- Develop and maintain test automation scripts for mobile and API platforms
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Software Engineers, and the lead QA engineer
- Provide bug reports to the product and engineering teams
- Report on release readiness of test candidates
- Work closely with developers towards defect/issue resolution
- Sound knowledge in QA methodologies (eg. Integration, Functional, Regression, etc.)
- Understanding of different types of testing life cycles
Solid experience in testing Android and/or iOS applications
- Understanding of Test Management tools and Bug tracking tools
- Experience with writing and executing test cases and documentation
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with implementing risk-based test strategies and conducting root cause analysis on bugs
- Experience in at least one programming language (e.g. Java, Kotlin, C#)
- Experience with developing test automation scripts using frameworks such as Selenium, Appium, XCUITest, Espresso, etc
- Experience with source control management tools such as Git
Bonus points if you have:
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certification
- Understanding of Behavior Driven Development
- Experience with Azure Test Plans
- Exposure to Continuous integration (CI) tools
- Exposure to non-functional testing types such as Load/Performance Testing
- Someone who works well within teams. A strong communicator and active listener; you value others’ diversity: ideas, experience, culture, skills, and thinking.
- Accountable for your own work, and supportive of ownership in others. You’ll never knowingly let your team down – “It’s not my job” is not in your vocabulary.
- Are adaptable, comfortable in uncertainty, able to take calculated risks, and work with a strong sense of urgency.
- Someone who has an analytical mind and a problem-solving attitude
- Someone who understands the importance of quality and the whole team approach towards testing
- Someone who is willing to research and learn new methodologies and techniques to improve testing
WhereIsMyTransport is a mobility technology company headquartered in London. We are the leading provider of mobility data and solutions for emerging-market cities in Africa, South and Southeast Asia, Southeast Europe, and Latin America. Our advanced and efficient data production methodology digitalises information from a city’s complete public transport network, delivering our clients accurate, reliable, and comprehensive information. The de facto source of mobility data for the world’s largest low- and middle-income cities, WhereIsMyTransport fills the mobility data gap – and fast.
To be successful, our global team of people must be as diverse as the populations that use public transport in the regions where we work. We must be as inclusive as the mobility solutions we develop for these markets. Celebration of difference is essential as we grow – including race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, and national origin.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Apply by submitting your up-to-date CV.