Aerospace Test Engineer
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced "Crossbow") is a U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, space launch, and modular boost platforms make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
X-Bow Systems is expanding in Texas and is looking to fill a new position to lead and conduct testing of solid rocket motors.
As an employee at X-Bow, you will be given the opportunity to participate in a range of diverse activities to apply X-Bow’s unique technologies, as well as the flexibility to focus on areas that will further your individual professional interests and career path. In this position, you will serve a critical role in helping us execute advanced technology projects and conduct space launch programs for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other government agencies. We are looking for a candidate who combines strong communication, organization, and management skills with broad interests and experience in the aerospace industry. As a key member of a small, dynamic, and highly skilled team, you will be expected to actively collaborate with others as well as work independently to accomplish assignments and responsibilities successfully. Creativity and methodical problem solving are both required.
- Lead and conduct testing of solid rocket motors
- Develop operational procedures and work instructions to direct supporting personnel to perform test facility operations and activities
- Develop test equipment and hardware specifications
- Procure, assembly, and check-out test hardware and equipment and verify it is ready for application
- Ensure that test facility maintenance and improvements are conducted to ensure timely support of programs
- Support mechanical system instructions, engineering, and facility test readiness reviews, and system checkouts
- Read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Prepare complete and comprehensive reports
- Understand and interpret regulations and their impact on the Company’s operations
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a test engineer in the aerospace industry
- Strong project planning, critical thinking, and written and oral communication skills are required as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Contribute to and operate effectively with multi-disciplinary technical teams for research, development, and manufacturing activities
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- This position requires a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Must be a US Persons as defined by § 120.62 of the ITAR
Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, Paid Holidays, Vision Insurance, Retirement/401K plan with company match
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced “Crossbow”) is a U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, space launch, and modular boost platforms make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.