X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced "Crossbow") is a U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, space launch, and modular boost platforms make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
X-Bow Systems is expanding and is looking to fill a new position, Program Manager.
As a Program Manager, you will be allowed to direct and manage multiple rocket motor and launch system development programs from initial customer interaction through final launch and program closeout. This position requires self-motivated, highly skilled program managers using all PM-related skills to develop and manage programs with minimal oversight and guidance on timelines shorter than usual in the industry. Expected responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop Program Plans for individual and multiple interrelated projects encompassing acquisition strategies, overall customer requirements, cost estimates, and associated spend plans, Integrated Master Schedules, personnel requirements, initial vendor evaluations, and risk assessments
- Manage individual and multiple, interrelated projects from initial customer interactions through contract completion across all cost, schedule, and performance elements
- Support project planning to include personnel assignments, work efforts, customer requirements, deliverables development, and tracking
- Support management of day-to-day activities of the project team, including tracking action items, status reports, customer interactions, and associated corporate taskings
- Develop and maintain Integrated Master Schedules specific to the project with the ability to capture relationships across multiple programs and projects
- Support development of customer, corporate, and program level briefings and reports
Finance and Accounting
- Manage budgets and spend plans
- Work with payroll and accounts payable
Contract Management and Procurements
- Negotiate contracts, terms, and milestones with government and commercial customers
- Negotiate contracts, terms, and deadlines with suppliers and vendors
- Manage the flow of goods and production
Integration and Proposal Management
- Support government and commercial proposal development and contract negotiations
- Support general company business development and organization
- 10+ years of program and/or project management experience in the aerospace industry, preferably launch vehicle development or launch vehicle propulsion
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or at least DoD DAWIA Level II Program Management Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or Management
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Must be a US Persons as defined by § 120.62 of the ITAR
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. (pronounced “Crossbow”) is a U.S. defense technology and rocket propulsion company that has developed an innovative, low-cost method to manufacture solid rocket motors. Our propulsion technology, space launch, and modular boost platforms make us a unique and highly desirable aerospace supplier to the defense and national security industries.
X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with X-Bow Launch Systems, Inc. is based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.