Providing Space as a Service®
Xplore is a Seattle-based company offering Space as a Service®. Xplore provides hosted payloads, communication relay services and exclusive datasets to its customers via the Xcraft®, the company’s multi-mission spacecraft. Xplore’s mission is to expand robotic exploration via commercial missions at and beyond Earth, to the Moon, Mars, Venus, Lagrange points and near-Earth asteroids for national space agencies, national security agencies, sovereign space agencies and universities.
Senior Data Products Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Data Products Engineer to lead Xplore’s data products platform development. The successful candidate will be experienced in handling, formatting and manipulating data acquired from satellite-based or aerial remote sensing instruments. Additionally, the candidate will be experienced in the calibration of remote sensing instruments, and have a working knowledge of 3rd party data analytics systems used to process the acquired data. The candidate will lead a team of scientists and engineers to build out the data products platform as part of Xplore’s service offering. If you’re also able to align our data products with our business goals, we’d like to meet you. Your ultimate goal will be to help improve our products and business decisions by making the most out of our data.
- Conceive, define and build the data products platform
- Lead a team of engineers to build out the platform
- Technical exchange with instrument providers
- Technical exchange with 3rd party analytics companies
- Define instrument calibration process
- Ensure data quality and integrity
- Visualize data and create reports
- Align data projects with organizational goals
- Proven experience as a data engineer or similar role
- Solid understanding of machine learning
- Knowledge of data management and visualization techniques
- Good knowledge of R, Python and MATLAB
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A business mindset
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar field
- Health Care Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
Xplore is an equal opportunity employer; employment with Xplore is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This employer participates in E-Verify. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. All persons hired will be required to be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.