Providing Space as a Service®
Xplore is an early stage Seattle-based company offering Space as a Service®. Xplore provides hosted payloads, communication relay services and exclusive datasets to its customers via the Xcraft®, the company’s multi-mission spacecraft. Xplore’s mission is to expand robotic exploration via commercial missions at and beyond Earth. We are a small company, growing rapidly, and are seeking an individual with startup experience.
A Spacecraft Systems Engineer at Xplore must understand that a spacecraft is a highly integrated system in which changes to any part impacts the others in complicated and non-obvious ways. You will tie together this complex, high-performance system ensure consistency between system, subsystem, and component requirements, interfaces, and performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a satellite systems engineer across multiple subsystems
- Perform functional analyses
- Establish and document system and subsystem level architecture with artifacts such as states and modes diagrams, functional block diagrams, interconnect diagrams, and physical block diagrams
- Maintain and create interface control documents
- Develop verification plans at all levels of assembly
- Identify space-segment and ground-segment hardware necessary to accomplish payload and telemetry transmission over a wide range of mission CONOPS and orbital parameters
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, ideally Aerospace, Systems, or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with systems engineering for a spacecraft
- Experience with several of the following: CONOPS development, spacecraft functional analyses, requirements decomposition and definition, modeling and simulation, trade studies, risk management, reliability engineering, orbital mechanics, launch and space environments, fault tolerant systems, spacecraft assembly and test, and technical budget management
- Experience in all phases of system/subsystem development, from initial concept definition through on-orbit operation
- Experience managing large, interconnected requirements sets
- Proficient with modeling tools and scripting languages such as Matlab/Simulink, Python, or STK
- Health Care Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
Xplore is an equal opportunity employer; employment with Xplore is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This employer participates in E-Verify. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. All persons hired will be required to be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.