Xplore offers Space as a Service®, providing data as a service, sensors as a service and satellites as a service to collect data from space that provides commercial, intelligence and climate solutions for its customers. The company is accelerating hardware development of the Xcraft, Xplore’s high-capability satellite data collection platform, at its state-of-the-art 22,000 sq ft satellite manufacturing facility in Redmond, WA.
Xplore has multiple flight programs in progress and is currently recruiting innovative space professionals. Employees at Xplore enjoy competitive benefits and a friendly work environment. Openings currently include operations and engineering roles.
Xplore is hiring an Electrical Engineer to provide electrical power subsystem expertise as a member of the Xplore technical staff. The Senior Electrical Engineer will work with Systems Engineering, Mission Operations, and various spacecraft subsystem leads for the development of the electrical power subsystem required to support the Xcraft® spacecraft and payloads. This individual will support efforts ranging from business development activities through to subsystem design, build, test, and operations. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate an ability to work with minimal supervision while being responsive and flexible within the framework of an agile space start-up.
- Knowledge and ownership of the spacecraft electrical power subsystem as a whole, including detailed knowledge of various electrical power subsystem components, including power electronics, solar arrays, batteries, and wire harnessing
- Perform trade studies using analysis and simulation tools to optimize the electrical power subsystem design based on key technical/schedule/cost parameters
- Develop, analyze, and verify spacecraft power budget and electrical power modes
- Perform spacecraft energy balance analysis including photovoltaic and battery modeling
- Model electrical power system performance including power generation, energy storage and power distribution sizing
- Interface with vendors to support procurement and provide technical oversight of subcontractors
- Develop electrical power system requirements and interface documentation; define and lead verification testing
- Support design and development of test beds and ground support equipment to support the electrical power subsystem
- Support manufacture, integration, and test of spacecraft electrical power subsystem
- Support business development and proposal activities
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from accredited institution and 2+ years of relevant electrical engineering and power systems experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expertise in spacecraft electrical power systems through the full spacecraft development lifecycle
- Expertise in software tools such as MATLAB, Excel, Python for numerical analysis and simulation
- Experience modeling and simulating multi-system problems
- Ability to communicate technical information, challenges, and guidance to varied audiences
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritize tasking to align with business goals
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role
- Health Care Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
Xplore is an equal opportunity employer; employment with Xplore is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. All persons hired will be required to be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.