Providing Space as a Service®
Xplore is an early stage Seattle-based company offering Space as a Service®. Xplore provides hosted payloads, communication relay services and exclusive datasets to its customers via the Xcraft®, the company’s multi-mission spacecraft. Xplore’s mission is to expand robotic exploration via commercial missions at and beyond Earth. We are a small company, growing rapidly, and are seeking an individual with startup experience. Xplore has a fast-paced startup environment where the employee will own the role and can grow with us.
Xplore’s Accountant will oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes.
We are looking for someone who understands and can perform all accounting functions and own the accounting system migration. A successful Accountant will have strong clerical skills, great attention to detail, be solution oriented, and be adaptable.
- Migrate accounting software
- Managing and directing finance/accounting needs with customers and vendors
- Ensure the timely reporting for all monthly financial information
- Maintain an organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions
- Prepare bank reconciliation, revenue and expenditure variance analysis
- Verifies the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records
- Set up vendors, process A/P invoices, create PO’s, and prepare checks
- Prepare journal entries and assist in the reconciliation of accounts
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization
- Strong working knowledge of debits, credits, revenue and expense recognition
- Experience with systems migration
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems.
- Experience working for a startup company a plus
- Health Care Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan