Providing Space as a Service®
Xplore’s Guidance, Navigation, and Controls (GNC) Engineer will develop algorithms, simulations, and flight software to ensure the spacecraft can perform its mission accurately and reliably. This position requires a strong background in astrodynamics, estimation theory, and stability analysis. A successful candidate will be able to work autonomously and adapt quickly to changing design requirements.
- Performing cislunar trajectory design and optimization.
- Working with team members to design guidance and control algorithms.
- Assessing stability of nonlinear controllers.
- Testing and developing autonomous cislunar navigation systems.
- Developing high fidelity 6 degree of freedom simulations, and conducting Monte Carlo analysis.
- Writing and testing flight software applications in C++.
- Conducting make/buy decisions on critical hardware.
- Supporting the mission operations team on critical decision.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or related fields.
- Experience in cislunar trajectory design.
- Experience with nonlinear controls.
- Experience with spacecraft attitude determination and control.
- Strong software skills in C, C++, and/or Python.
- Creative self-starter attitude and ability to work in an agile environment with minimal direction.
- PhD in aerospace engineering, or Master’s degree with 4+ years of experience in relevant fields.
- Authored journal papers in relevant fields
- Demonstrated experience on successful flight programs in industry or academia
- Experience with flexible body control, orbital maneuvering, filtering, fault management, software
- development, and navigation filtering.
- Strong understanding of classical dynamics, orbital mechanics, modeling and simulation, and software development.
- Strong understanding of circular-restricted three-body problem
- Health Care Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan