Providing Space as a Service®
Xplore is a Seattle-based company offering Space as a Service®. Xplore provides hosted payloads, communication relay services and exclusive datasets to its customers via the Xcraft®, the company’s multi-mission spacecraft. Xplore’s mission is to expand robotic exploration via commercial missions at and beyond Earth, to the Moon, Mars, Venus, Lagrange points and near-Earth asteroids for national space agencies, national security agencies, sovereign space agencies and universities.
Xplore’s RF Engineer will be engaged in all aspects of satellite system and subsystem electrical design and test, with a focus on RF networks and satellite communication systems. You will use your understanding of electrical and RF communications principles and concepts to support the design and development of satellites through all phases. Additionally, you will help develop and test satellite communications systems. . The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate an ability to work with minimal supervision while being responsive and flexible within the framework of an agile space start-up.
- Perform communications system design and analysis, testing, debug, data analysis, and overseeing flight hardware design.
- Create and maintain system digital communication link budgets
- Perform data throughput and availability analyses
- Develop and maintain communications subsystem and component specifications and verifications plans in accordance with Xplore Systems Engineering best practices.
- Work with digital design, flight software, and ground systems team to transmit data across analog and digital platforms
- Create dedicated test setups and procedures
- Support production testers in the development and execution of test plans
- Interface with supplier/vendors as needed
- Support subsystem procurement, design, development, and production
- Provide technical input to regulatory teams for spectrum usage
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science (or greater) degree in Engineering, Math, or Physics
- 5+ years of experience with RF communication systems
- Understanding of RF communications systems
- Familiarity with existing communications technology in aerospace and space industries
- Experience developing and validating RF link budget system models
- Familiarity with using RF and Electrical Test Equipment
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of radiation effects on electronics
- Knowledge of CCSDS communications standard and AES/GCM encryption
- Experience with DVB-S2/S2X
- Experience with test automation and efficient data processing (Labview, Python, Matlab)
- Health Care Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
Xplore is an equal opportunity employer; employment with Xplore is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This employer participates in E-Verify. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. All persons hired will be required to be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.