Providing Space as a Service®
Xplore is an early stage Seattle-based company offering Space as a Service®. Xplore provides hosted payloads, communication relay services and exclusive datasets to its customers via the Xcraft®, the company’s multi-mission spacecraft. Xplore’s mission is to expand robotic exploration via commercial missions at and beyond Earth. We are a small company, growing rapidly, and are seeking an individual with startup experience.
Senior Manager, Mission Planning & Operations
Together with Xplore’s mission leads, the Senior Manager, Mission Planning & Operations will develop detailed mission and flight operations plans for all Xplore LEO and XGEO missions, from the concept phase through to operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- LEO constellation conceptualization, development, and iteration (using STK and other software)
- XGEO orbital analysis, especially in cislunar space
- Ground coverage for gateways and TT&C, including first order link analysis
- Development of end-to-end data throughout models for different payload configurations, look angles, antenna sizes, etc.
- Development of capacity models for various payload configurations and constellation sizes based on revisit capabilities
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement ground systems solutions, including managed services
- Develop and execute the flight operations plan
- Training of staff as required
- Reports to the CEO and other senior team members
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, ideally Aerospace, Systems, or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with systems engineering for a spacecraft
- Experience with several of the following: CONOPS development, spacecraft functional analyses, requirements decomposition and definition, modeling and simulation, trade studies, risk management, reliability engineering, orbital mechanics, launch and space environments, fault tolerant systems, spacecraft assembly and test, and technical budget management
- Health Care Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
Xplore is an equal opportunity employer; employment with Xplore is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This employer participates in E-Verify. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. All persons hired will be required to be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.