It’s a great time to be part of the SES team
We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
Role description summary
Through optimization of the capacity pricing and product profitability measures, you will help ensuring that SES maximizes the revenue potential of the satellite fleet across the various verticals. You will define, optimize and own the pricing framework and rate cards for the group-wide space capacity pricing. Additionally, the incumbent ensures a consolidated view of fleet yield performance.
Primary responsibilities / Key result areas
- Capacity pricing:
- Define, optimize and own the pricing framework & process for group-wide space capacity pricing. Work with internal stakeholders to develop and update rate cards
- Ensure bandwidth pricing strategy is in line with financial requirements of return on investment, market developments and sales strategy. Understand relevant trade-offs and present a balanced view at time of approval
- Continually look to improve / advance the current approach to pricing
- Yield management:
- Own consolidated view of fleet yield performance. Build centralized view consolidating inputs from internal stakeholders and provide insights to the organisation
- Understand available capacity, market supply & demand to enable yield optimization through price-volume analysis and optimization
- Present beam yield performance overview to internal stakeholders. Build reporting capabilities to understand price-volume dynamics
- Product performance and profitability:
- Define and drive a process to review product performance & profitability
- Provide insight into revenue and profitability performance of product (and work with internal stakeholders to understand & drive ways to optimize
- Highly developed numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate and influence at senior management level, understand varying objectives and employ a neutral stance in the decision-making process
- Strongly developed interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills required to operate the sales interface between many functional disciplines in the company and act as a trusted advisor towards management, sales and the sales supporting functional disciplines in the company
- Ability to manage a cross-functional team, partially remotely
- Project Management
- Essential is the ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple time-sensitive tasks in a demanding environment in a timely mannerAbility to work in a team as well as independently
- Takes responsibility for problem solving and getting the job done
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education, or demonstrable equivalent work experience
- Minimal 8 years’ working experience within a pricing, finance or product environment
- Extensive knowledge of planning, CRM, pipeline management and business intelligence concepts, infrastructure and tools
- Extensive MS Office knowledge and especially Excel or other spreadsheet functionality
- Good knowledge of finance, marketing, sales and reporting processes in telecommunications or media company
- Business fluent in English, knowledge of German and/or French considered advantageous
Other key requirements / comments
SES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!