Turn-Key Space Solutions
York Space Systems was founded to radically improve spacecraft affordability and reliability, transforming and enabling next-generation space mission operations worldwide. Today, York is one of the most innovative aerospace companies, specializing in end-to-end customer solutions and the rapid production of spacecraft platforms. York’s complete Space Segment Solution including spacecraft production, payload integration, system integration & test, launch services, ground segment services, and mission operations, enabling customers to leverage York’s existing technology solutions to get to orbit rapidly and responsively. We’re looking to expand our team across the board.
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Power Systems Engineer. The electrical power system team is responsible for all design, analysis, integration, and testing of electrical power systems on York’s satellites, including in-house designs and purchased systems.
- Collaborate across internal and external technical counterparts to develop requirements and test plans for electrical power system designs.
- Support programs through their lifecycle as electrical power system responsible engineer, from system definition and design through assembly, test, and operations.
- Communicate with supply chain, purchasing, and programs to ensure component and assembly procurement meets program demands.
- Represent the team in design reviews, customer meetings, risk reviews etc.
- Ensure electrical power systems risks are identified, captured, and mitigated.
- Develop processes and tools to facilitate electrical power system design and analysis across the company portfolio.
- Experience with spacecraft power system design.
- Experience organizing and developing requirements and test plans. Demonstrated experience in implementing best practices and continuous improvements.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to multi-discipline teams.
Desired Technical Specialties
- Space Experience
- Understanding of the space environment and its impact on design: radiation, surface charging, thermal, outgassing, etc.
- Understanding of all spacecraft subsystems.
- Understanding of spacecraft design and operational life cycle.
- EPS Experience
- Experience designing spacecraft power systems.
- Understanding of different spacecraft power system architectures.
- Analysis and simulation of power budgets and power systems.
- Sizing and design of spacecraft batteries.
- Analysis of solar array design and solar array sizing.
- Understanding of fundamental principles of power regulation design at the circuit level.
- Knowledge of spacecraft grounding architectures and best practices.
- Experience with EMI and EMC mitigation best practices and system-level EMI and EMC testing.
- Test Experience
- Experience testing large quantities of electronics, in-circuit testing, etc.
- Experience with design verification using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical power system design, test, and/or manufacture.