Vital, On-Demand Delivery for the World
Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. We believe that where you live should not decide whether you live.
About You and the Role
As a member of Zipline’s growing test team, you will have the unique opportunity to work on ground-breaking test systems with a talented set of engineers and technicians committed to Zipline’s mission. As our first dedicated battery cell test technician, you will lead the way in operating and developing our cell research infrastructure and investigating cutting-edge battery technology. You will have opportunities to develop a deep understanding of battery physics/chemistry, fixture hardware design, test campaign planning, and automation software under the guidance of industry-leading engineers. Most importantly, your work developing next-gen battery technologies will become critical in helping us complete vital deliveries to as many people as possible. Do you have what it takes?
- Design and build test harnesses and fixtures for a variety of cell types
- Coordinate various simultaneous test campaigns ranging in length from a few hours to several months
- Work closely with test engineers to implement improvements to our cell tester systems
- Maintain the cell tester systems and ensure a high level of safety during operation
- Level up our test data analysis processes and learn how to automate them with help from from our data and software teams
- Work with the facilities team and contractors to ensure we have sufficient power and spacing for all our cell testing plans
- Write detailed test reports and documentation so that all progress made in the testing process can be used for years to come
- Executing and keeping track of various projects simultaneously on a timeline and providing regular updates
- Collaborating with engineers to define test metrics and then executing test campaigns to meet those requirements
- Writing detailed reports and documentation based on test results and processes
- Soldering and building harnesses from basic circuit diagrams
- Working with electronics and basic understanding of key principles (voltage, current, resistance, charge, conductivity, AC vs DC, etc.)
- Operating and implementing safety-critical systems
- Using lab instruments (multimeter, power supply, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Working with environmental chambers
- Interacting with computer automation software
- Assembling basic fixtures based on a loose set of instructions and drawings
- Operating machining tools (mill, laser cutter, etc.)
- Conducting basic data analysis
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!